Dane County Traffic Safety
Alive at 25 Training Center
UPCOMING CLASSESThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Each Year we teach more than 100 youth drivers to be safe drivers
Developed by the National Safety Council, Alive at 25 is a course designed to prevent the #1 killer of teens – automobile crashes. This four-hour defensive driving program focuses on the behaviors, decision-making, and risks facing young drivers every time they get behind the wheel.
Safe Communities offers this class in partnership with area municipalities and police departments. Most young drivers who take the class are referred by one of the fourteen municipal court judges in Dane and Jefferson Counties who require completion of the course among youth they see in court for traffic violations.
The course is taught by instructors who are also law enforcement officers and certified by the National Safety Council. Workbook exercises, interactive media segments, group discussions, role-playing, and short lectures are used to help young drivers develop convictions and strategies that will keep them safer on the road. Alive at 25 teaches young adults:
- People in their age group are more likely to be hurt or killed in a vehicle crash.
- Inexperience, distractions, and peer pressure are unique driving hazards.
- Speeding, alcohol, and drugs greatly increase their risk of injury or death.
- As a driver OR passenger, they can greatly reduce their risk by taking control.
- Committing to changing their driving behavior makes personal, legal, and financial sense.
REGISTER FOR ALIVE AT 25 CLASS
COMPLETE BOTH STEPS BELOW
STEP 1 – FILL OUT FORM and SUBMIT
STEP 2 – Submit Payment via Paypal
To register for an Alive at 25 class, click the appropriate ‘Buy Now’ option below. Please email email@example.com with the date of the class to register, and name of the person attending.
If paying via check, cash or moneyorder, please mail or fax the registration form to Safe Communities.